Groupware with Amphora
Amphora Light (http://www.amphora.ee/freeware/) is a free open-source www-based groupware server in Python and Zope, offering basic office functionality: calendars, tasks, contacts, discussion, web email in the context of a hierarchical organisation and flexible access rights. Both Netscape and MS IE are supported as clients. It supports synchronization with MS Outlook calendar, tasks, contacts through a separate MS Windows client.
Setting up Amphora Light 1.0
- Untar amphora_light.tar.gz into eg. /tmp
- Amphora requires that the following RPMs be installed before proceeding
Note: If you have wget installed and access to the Net, you can use a2install/RH.6.2.EXTRAget_rpm.sh to download those packages automatically
- Make sure those RPMs are available in /tmp/amphora_light/a2install/RH.6.2.EXTRA
- In case some of those applications are alread installed, you migh want to run
echo yes | /bin/sh /tmp/amphora_light/a2install/v2.0/utils/cleanall.sh 2>/dev/null >/dev/null to uninstall applications like PostgreSQL, Apache, OpenSSL, Sendmail, IMAP, QMail.
- /usr/bin/python /tmp/amphora_light/a2install/install", and follow the instructions. Run cleanall.sh again if you want to start again from scratch
- Add a cron job to monitor Amphora:
"0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /usr/bin/python /home/amphora2/tools/a2rescue.py"
Is Apache required, or is the web server Zope?
The documentation mentions apache-mod_ssl-126.96.36.199.4.8-0.6.0.i386.rpm, but not Apache. Is the web server Zope installed by Amphora, and is compatible to work with mod_ssl?