Customizing Tom's Root Boot stand-alone Linux floppy
This quick tutorial will show you how to customize a tomsrtbt
How to add/remove modules
Ie. the TAB key to save on keystrokes.
Setting up command aliases
alias ll='ls -alF --color'
Turning off beeps when using vi
Support for the 3Com 905c NIC
Removing the root password
The default is xxxx.
Adding support for history
Including ! Command history is via ile from /bin/login, see "man ile" and /bin/login.
Forcing video mode and keyboard layout
Tired of hitting the SPACE bar and choosing the keyboard layout every time
After editing rc.custom and settings.s, LILO's boot prompt says "Other distribuboot:" instead of "Boot:"
- alias -> rc.custom
- Turn off vi's beep
- support for 905c
- how to set root's password to null (edited $PASSWD to null, edited /etc/passwd)
- support for ! in history
- Edited settings.s file -> "Other distriboot"
- How to force video mode and keyboard layout?
- How to mount floppy drive during bootup? /etc/fstab OK, but mount not run
- Check how to mount NFS share automatically
- less instead of more