Voice/video over the Internet
Great sound, half-fuplex, video
- Download the latest and greatest from www.paltalk.com.
Here, I used Release 5 Final
- Run the installation program pal_install.exe
- If you are installing PalTalk for the first time, you need to create
a new user account on PalTalk's network. This is achieved by selecting "<New
User>" in the Nickname field, and "Register a New User"
in the "How do I..." combobox:
- In the next window, fill in the required fields:
- Type anything you want in the Password Hint section:
- Just some advertisement. Note that some items not shown here are checked...
- Uncheck the "Get Updates..."
- Almost done...
- PalTalk now checks that you have a microphone and sound card installed:
- Make sure the sound card can play a sound file:
- Check that your microphone works:
- The sound part is done:
- Just hit Close:
- Connect to PalTalk:
- Add a friend: